04 September 2008

Politically Fired Up

I have been intensely following the presidential race between Barack Obama and John McCain. I should also begin by saying that I am a democrat and feel that the democratic party represent my concerns as a citizen, female, and individual. I know whole heartily that my vote is for Barack Obama come November 4th. With that said, I do realize there are disadvantages and concerns about Obama's lack of experience. Just like his campaign slogans state, I am hoping for a change if he is elected, and believe that he certainly has the potential to provide it.

The presidential race is historical on both sides of the fence... and I am so happy it is happening in my lifetime. I remember asking my mom in 1992 when Bill Clinton and Bush Sr. were running running for office if she thought there would ever be a female president. I was only 8 years old, but I remember listening to the presidential debates and wondering what it was all about. Now that I'm 24 and have a better grasp on national and global issues we face, and have sat through many justice, history, and pluralism classes in college, I am so happy that my voice will be heard by voting.

No comments: