20 July 2009

ice cream and a conversation

Ivy and I tend to ask Carter about some adult-like topics to gain some uncensored, 8 year old perspective. We don't dig deep and we're almost always never around our mother when we ask him questions. If we were, she would make Carter sign a "No Marriage Until 35" contract like she made Ivy and I sign when were were 10 years old or so.

So, last night Ivy, Carter, Tom, and I went to treat ourselves to ice cream after dinner. Tom had gone to fill up the car with gas, so it was just Ivy and I with Carter. We were talking about all kinds of things, but when the subject of age and marriage came up, we asked carter:

Ivy and Me: If you met someone you loved, would you marry that person?

Carter: Yes.

Carter: Why are we talking about this now???

Carter: .... TALK to me in TWO years... (rolling eyes)

Ivy and Me: (rolling with laughter)

1 comment:

Ivy M Straka said...

I will never forget that as long as I live. That was one of the most hysterical things Carter has ever said!!!