03 November 2008

Counting Down the Days

My life sort of feels like the movie Groundhog's Day, a repeated cycle of driving, work, driving, school work, dinner, more school work, sleep and repeat. I know I'm repeating this cycle for a reason, mostly for reasons of future prosperity, happiness, and security. BUT it all feels overwhelming at the moment. I keep a list of things I want to do immediately after I'm done with this semester. I think I'll keep my list on this blog and update it as I think of new things.

Things I want to do immediately after this semester is over:
Read books I WANT to read
spend a girly day at the salon/spa (I don't usually do this, but feel like I'll be needing one)
go to the movie theater - i can't remember when I was last there
get involved with environmental initiatives
go hiking
cook and bake - i want to try new recipes
spend time with ivy
prepare some homemade gifts for xmas

... to be continued...

4 comments:

Ivy M Straka said...

awww....that's so sweet. you are making a list of things for yourself to do with yourself after college is over...and i think it's sad you have to list "spend time with your sister"...i.e. "ivy". you are putting me on a to-do list. this should be natural. i'm not a chore!!

hee, hee.
love~ya

Melissa said...

very funny! it is natural, but i will not have any fun interactions with you until i'm down with this demanding semester. so, be happy you are on my list!! :)

Ben and Debbie Craig, when not sailing Winsome on Maryland's eastern shore, are the proud parents of three beautiful children and one delightful granddaughter in southeastern Pennsylvania. said...

Ivy, you are not on the list as a chore. You are on the list as a desire. Read it again, at least you made the list:(

Ben and Debbie Craig, when not sailing Winsome on Maryland's eastern shore, are the proud parents of three beautiful children and one delightful granddaughter in southeastern Pennsylvania. said...

really nice composition honey bee