11 April 2009

Preparations for National Library Week

National Library Week starts tomorrow! April 12 - 18, 2009. Go to your local library, or find a special library at a local museum or organization and take a tour! Learn about programs and services offered at your library. Or, better yet, get involved!! Many public libraries need volunteers and post community events that need volunteers as well.

Anyway, in preparation for NLW, I'm coming up with a variety of ways for my patrons (attorneys) to get involved, and more importantly, take some time to step away from their work to visit the library. So, one of my NLW ideas is to have a jelly bean guessing contest. The person who guesses the exact amount or closest to it will win a prize. I'm not sure what the prize is yet, I'm still brainstorming. I'm thinking it will be a gift card to Starbucks Coffee shop.

No comments: