05 December 2009

We Moved!

We've officially moved into our new place!  Ben, Carter, Tom, and I moved our belongings from Philadelphia to Pottstown.  It took hours of hard work to get the job done, but we did it!  We wouldn't have been able to do it without Ben; without his help, Tom and I would still be moving.  Carter was also a huge help - he was still buzzing with energy at 8pm when the rest of us could barely move.

Our new place is a modern townhome style apartment.  It's larger than our old apartment and it has a washer and dryer in unit (something our old place didn't have).  Doing laundry isn't a task I typically look forward to, but it is now fun and something I don't mind doing because I can do it in my own home!  NO MORE washing card, hauling loads of laundry down the hall, sliding detergent down the hall with my foot while carrying baskets of laundry under both arms...  no more!

We are continuing to settle in and make our new place feel homey and comfortable.  The plan is to paint one or two walls and hang pictures this weekend.  More updates to come...

Here are two pictures: one of us in the living room at our old place and one of our new kitchen the morning after our move (it doesn't look like this any more).




No comments: