06 April 2010

A Beautiful Weekend in Canada

Thomas and I packed our bags and headed north to Canada!  We spent two nights in Niagara Falls.  Our original plan was to go even farther north to explore Toronto, but we were having such a good time walking around the Falls area in beautiful weather that we decided not to bother.  We're saving Toronto for another time.

Our time in Niagara was lovely.  We had the best weather over the weekend, which made walking everywhere so enjoyable.   The botanical gardens at the end of the Falls had a special Easter feature with live bunnies throughout the gardens and an awesome turtle pond.  We did our best to find little, more intimate restaurants to dine at since Niagara Falls is very touristy and caters to families.  We enjoyed the meals we had at the restaurants, but the best meal came from the local grocery store we found about 5-10 miles outside the touristy portion of Niagara Falls.  Thomas had so much fun finding his favorite chocolate sweets, cereals, washing powders, and baked goods.  It was entertaining to watch him search for the items he has missed so much from home.  We bought homemade hot crossed buns, milk custard, and sandwiches.  We had our delicious food back at the Falls and even saw a rainbow!!


















1 comment:

Bronnie said...

Wow I'm jealous! I really want to get to Niagara Falls!
I have friends in Canada who are convincing me I need to visit, I agree - I totally do!

I really love your black and white photo of the crowd. Amazing!