23 October 2008

a friendly visit


James is Tom's very good friend from South Africa and was in town for business earlier in the week. While he was in the area, he came over twice for dinner. It was such a pleasure to meet him and hear him speak with a SA accent. Also, I was quite pleased with my culinary creation on Monday - stuffed shells. I know it doesn't sound amazing, but anything I make that comes out of the kitchen edible is amazing. This was my second time making this dish from scratch and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. I like to be able to master a dish to the extent I could make it again without following a recipe to the "t."

Anyway, Thomas and I really enjoyed James' company and look forward to visiting him and his wife in their neck of the woods soon in Chicago.

No comments: