17 October 2008

October Holiday... aka The Best Week Ever!!

This last week has been so enjoyable for Thomas and I because we both had off from work for the entire week!  And we certainly made the most of our time off.  This was my firststaycation and I initially thought that it might be sort of bland, but my preparation paid off.  I made a list of things we wanted to do and places we wanted to go to; all of which was pretty much accomplished.  I am now a big fan of a staycations!

Thomas and I managed to do a lot, including sailing with Ben and Bema, hiking Hawk Mountain with Mom and Carter (on the most beautiful day ever!), picking tomatoes and making soup, visiting the farmer's market for some fresh meat and vegetables, and just enjoying the freedom and randomness that comes with not going to work.  The best part of the week was the weather  - it was just perfect for enjoying October's beautiful colors. 

The pics are not in order, but they document our week pretty well.

we picked enough tomatoes to fill 8 containers this time

Holly w/eyes closed, Monica, and me - before going out

me with our pickins






at the farmer's market - there were two cute older ladies selecting sweets

i don't like soft pretzels, but i do like to watch them being made

a kid's dream...


it was Tom's first time going to this particular farmer's market and this picture displays his great satisfaction of buying lots and lots of MEAT!


the Africa look-a-like rock at the top of Hawk Mountain

Cabela's - this place is WILD, both figuratively and literally

this pic makes me laugh out loud every time... because it's SO my mom!  haha... just kidding!!
my mom and i were joking about making it this year's family xmas card


mom and me

my brother, Carter

taking a rest...


what a momma's boy...  too cute

mmm... yummy cheese and tomato melts


Melissa and Bema


Thomas and me during our braai

steering the boat...