03 March 2013

February Birthdays Celebration

I have a few family members with birthdays in February.  Mum's was the most recent, so we gathered with fam today to celebrate by enjoying homemade soups, fresh bread, and desserts.  Yum!

I made fun-looking and awesome-tasting cream puffs, which I found the recipe for on Pinterest.  The recipe was super simple and a lot of fun to make.  I was a little concerned when the dough the recipe called for looked more like batter, but all was well in the end.  The best part was pipping the cream into the cooled puffs.  I opted to skip the chocolate ganache topping and decided to go with a simple dusting of powdered sugar instead.  Pinterest came through for once... there have been many FAILS before this success.



















Trick candles!  




































No comments: