04 March 2013

My Lock&Key Diary from the 90's Never Saw this Coming

My blog came in the mail today.  In print format.  I've been getting my blog printed every year since I've started documenting autobiographical events four years ago.  I think the hybrid being within me - the one that lived without the Internet and a cell phone and the one that can't live without the Internet or a cell phone - needs/wants both mediums.  You know, something to show the grandchildren, right?  And, in a small way, to hold onto the memory and practice of the pre-Internet world.

A few months ago I filled in for an absent coworker and gave a small and very young group of boy scouts a tour of the library, full of instruction and information literacy!  When we ended at the microfilm machines and their final assignment, one young boy exclaimed, "Look!  These are the machines they used 100 years ago!"

Yikes!


  


No comments: