11 October 2009

Remembering Bailey

Our family dog of 15 years passed away on September 28, 2009. Although her elderly age and death wasn't a shock to us, it has been hard to adjust to life without her. This weekend was my first time home since her passing, and the whole time I was there, I felt as if she was on the porch or laying under the tree as she usually did. I know my parents miss her tremendously. Bailey was my mother's dog in many ways as much as she was a family dog.

In celebration of Bailey's life, we gathered today to remember and talk about her. Ben made a lovely slideshow, Bema made "Bailey Cookies," and Tom, Ben, and Carter set up a wonderful display where she was buried. Carter wanted to remember her love of going on "walkies" by walking down the driveway and back as a group while carrying the flag. It was a sweet memorial with a lot of love. Bailey's bond with her family will never die.







No comments: