31 October 2009

If It Had Teeth, It Would Bite You

That is the phrase I grew up hearing from my mother whenever I couldn't find something that was apparently right in front of me. I would like to say that 9 times out of 10 I really couldn't find whatever I was looking for because it had been moved, eaten, or magically disappeared, but I'm sure my mother was right most of the time.

I made a sauce with meet and vegetables to go over spaghetti noodles the other night. When it came time to make the noodles, I couldn't find them anywhere! At least not in all the places I looked for them. "I know I picked up spaghetti noodles not too long ago," I told Tom. Tom helped me look for them, and he couldn't find them either. I selected another type of noodle from the cupboard and carried on making the dish.

Three days later I found the noodles I was looking for. Right in front of me, in plain sight, on the countertop next to the stove. Duhhhhh Melissa!

1 comment:

Ivy M Straka said...

ha ha ha h ahahahah this is hilarious too. i can't believe you and doctor couldn't find this. better not get you "Where's Waldo?" for christmas!