12 August 2008

Weekend Funtivities


Happy Birthday Thomas!!!

Last weekend Tom and I went to my parent's house to spend the weekend. As usual, we enjoyed a yummy cookout with smoked chicken and pork. Tom is our braai master! Lets just say it is his favorite past time and it shows! The men enjoyed a "man day" on Saturday, which consisted frolicking in the yard, socially drinking, playing poker, and managing the smoking activity.

While we were there, we also took the opportunity to celebrate Tom's birthday (which is today!). Per his request, I attempted and, I guess, successfully made him a poppyseed cake. He used to have one every year for his birthday when he was growing up. Anyway, I made it using a castle-shaped cake form. I've discovered that boys really enjoy their birthday cakes in the shape of a castle at any age!

a true "man day"


"man day" evidence = braaing


batter - the best part of the cake-making process (in my opinion)


Sisters


Ivy and Mike


and again... with bunny ears


and hail from a wicked storm!

1 comment:

Ivy M Straka said...

I really like this post, Melissa. Not only are there three pictures of me (hee, hee), but it documents a personal moment of your life. Very good! Don't stop posting your news updates. I like them, too.

I love you.

~ivy