01 August 2008

Crocs on the decline

I think I should have went to school for economics...  I guess it's never too late.  I love the economic and business segments I hear about popular products, decline/rise in sales, and what's happening behind the scenes in the business scene.

Anyway, the producers of Crocs noted a 90% decline in sales.  I think they may be in denial, but they are convinced it's not because of their signature style.  No, they are blaming the low sales on the economy.  

I don't know how I feel about them... I've really never had an opinion.  I know a lot of people who have them and love them.  I'm just not one of those people.  Maybe it's because I don't have a pair... how can you love something you don't have?

Now that I'm thinking about it, I've never been one to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to trends.  I don't like to wear labels and definitely don't like to conform to a certain image or style.  Although Crocs are not plastered with labels, their style is a label enough.  There!... after critically thinking about it, my true feelings have surfaced. 

Now on to other things...
 

No comments: